Kim Eslinger

David Tinjum

Ryan Ojard
Staff Photographer

Claudia Kittock
Columnist / Non-Profits
Email Claudia...

Merle Minda
Small Business Columnist
Email Merle...

Michael Rainville Jr.
History Columnist
Email Michael...

Meg Forney

Doug Verdier

Mill City Times is a not-for-profit community service.  We do not sell advertising on this site.

Cultural Cornerstones
Search Mill City
Local Directory Categories
Local Directory Listings
« St. Anthony Falls Heritage Board | Main | Stonebridge Bank »

Stone Arch Bridge

Built in 1882-83 by James J. Hill's Minneapolis Union Railway Company, the Stone Arch Bridge is recognized as a National Civil Engineering Landmark.

The bridge provides a link between Father Hennepin Bluffs Park on the east bank, and Mill Ruins Park and West River Parkway on the west bank.

In 1994 the bridge was converted into a pedestrian and bike trail and offers a panoramic view of St. Anthony Falls.

Named winner of 2008 Best Place to Take Out-of-Town Guests in City Pages' ''Best of the Twin Cities.''


View Larger Map