Minneapolis Riverfront News
Covering life, work, and play in the Historic Mill District and Downtown Minneapolis Riverfront neighborhoods. Have local news or events to share? Contact us.
Each week we provide an easy to reference list of events and activities for the week ahead in the Historic Mill District and Minneapolis Riverfront Neighborhoods. Have an event to share? Submit your events here...
Monday, March 10
- March 10, 2014, Monday - Women’s Human Rights Film Series: “Forbidden Voices” at Central Library
- March 10, 2014, Monday - Chefs for Change at People Serving People
Tuesday, March 11
Wednesday, March 12
Thursday, March 13
- March 13, 2014, Thursday - Poetry Out Loud Competition at Central Library
- March 13, 2014, Thursday - THE BIG SHOW at the Southern Theater (4 nights)
Friday, March 14
- March 14, 2014, Friday - Live Music at Crooked Pint
- March 14, 2014, Friday - Minnesota Book Awards Nominee Reading at The Loft
- March 14, 2014, Friday - Tuned Beer: Rogue Valley | Choc Cherry Porter by NorthGate Brewing at Aster Cafe
Saturday, March 15
- March 15, 2014, Saturday - Day Block Brewing Doubles Cornhole Tournament
- March 15, 2014, Saturday - Live Music at Crooked Pint
- March 15, 2014, Saturday - Childish Films at Central Library
- March 15, 2014, Saturday - Washburn A Mill Tour at Mill City Museum
- March 15, 2014, Saturday - Bluegrass Brunch at Aster Cafe
- March 15, 2013, Saturday - Team Ortho Foundation's Get Lucky! 7K Race
Sunday, March 16
A big "Thank You!" to Goldfinch Flowers for bringing some Spring to the March 8 Market. :)
Below, staff from The Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul were at the March 8 MCFM with infomation on their organization, as well as the Italian Film Festival, Cuban Film Festival and Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival. Whether you're an avid film lover, or just in search of something out of the ordinary, be sure to check them out!
Reminders - The Mill City Farmers Market vendors will be at the Arboretum in Chanhassen next Saturday, March 15; and the final indoors Market at the Mill City Museum will be April 12. :)
Enjoy a dynamic marketplace of over 40 local vendors. You can expect to find everything from beets and cabbage to artisan chocolates, local honey, maple syrup, hand-milled flour, locally harvested wild rice, specialty cheeses, meat, eggs, baked goods, kimchi, preserves, and a variety of local ceramics, wood products, kitchen utensils, clothing, art and jewelry.
Produce Planner: Arugula/mizuna mix, spinach, chickweed, beets, potatoes, kale, salad turnips, cabbage, carrots, lettuce, dried mushrooms, and more!
Live Music, 11am – 1pm: MCFM welcomes local sensation The Cactus Blossoms to the Market!
Featured Local Artists: Crookedwood, The Ink Orchard, The Abbey, Matthew Krousey Ceramics, Heinz Brummel, Old World Cabinet, Aprilierre, and Larissa Loden.