Every year, thousands of bikes are lost or stolen in Minneapolis.
Many are recovered, but due to a lack of proper identification, only a small percentage are ever returned to their owners.
The Minneapolis Police Department has created an easy, on-line way to register your bicycle. Using this link below, enter your contact information, bike serial number, and the bike make and model. In the event your bike is lost or stolen, and subsequently recovered by the MPD, other agencies or city departments, they'll be able to return it to you quickly.
• Register online any time.
• Call 311--be sure to have your bike’s serial number ready.
• 311’s app: minneapolismn.gov/311 to register using your smart phone.
• It could increase the chances of a stolen or lost bike being returned to the rightful owner--recovered bikes can be checked against our registered bikes database.
• It’s FREE
• It’s easy—just a few minutes!
• Registration could assist in identifying incapacitated riders without IDs.
Luther Krueger, Crime Prevention Analyst
Minneapolis Police Dept., Strategic Information/Crime Analysis Division
350 S. 5th Street, Room 100 City Hall + Minneapolis MN 55415
612-673-5371 + Luther.Krueger@MinneapolisMN.gov