Time: 1 – 4 pm
Location: Mill Ruins Park, 102 Portland Avenue
Minnesota Environmental Fund presents: Mississippi River Care and Prairie Planting: Mill Ruins Park Area
Care for our Mississippi River together, and get to know people who work or live downtown. Good for your community, good for your environment, and good for you!
You can help plant native prairie plants, pull up invasive vetch, and clean up our riverfront parks, while learning about the area from National Park Service rangers and Mississippi River community leaders.
The Minnesota Environmental Fund, your local giving partner with Minnesota workplaces, is teaming up with Mississippi Park Connection and Mississippi National River and Recreation Area to support this volunteer experience for people who work or live downtown.
Arrive ready to work at 1 pm
- 1-1:20: Sign-in and introduction
- 1:20-2:30: Service activity: Plant, remove an invasive plant and do a river clean-up
- 2:30-3:00: Interpretation and break
- 3:00-3:45: Service activity: Plant, remove an invasive plant and do a river clean-up
- 3:45-4:00: Closing and thank you, followed by walk to local eagle nest and/or group outing at local restaurant or bar
Sign up, invite your work team to join you, and encourage your friends to come, too!
Free event. Your donation to the Minnesota Environmental Fund helps support this event and other workplace service opportunities.
Preparations: Gloves and bags are provided by the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board, which asks each participant to sign a waiver before starting. Please wear warm clothing and close-toed shoes appropriate for an outdoor activity on natural and uneven surfaces, and bring water to drink.